Online Books A Rose for the Crown Download Free
Present Regarding Books A Rose for the Crown
| Title | : | A Rose for the Crown |
| Author | : | Anne Easter Smith |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | A Touchstone Book |
| Pages | : | Pages: 650 pages |
| Published | : | March 14th 2006 by Simon & Schuster (first published March 7th 2006) |
| Categories | : | Historical. Historical Fiction. Fiction. European Literature. British Literature. Romance |

Anne Easter Smith
Paperback | Pages: 650 pages Rating: 4.02 | 4856 Users | 270 Reviews
Explanation Supposing Books A Rose for the Crown
In A Rose for the Crown, we meet one of history's alleged villains through the eyes of a captivating new heroine -- the woman who was the mother of his illegitimate children, a woman who loved him for who he really was, no matter what the cost to herself. As Kate Haute moves from her peasant roots to the luxurious palaces of England, her path is inextricably intertwined with that of Richard, Duke of Gloucester, later King Richard III. Although they could never marry, their young passion grows into a love that sustains them through war, personal tragedy, and the dangerous heights of political triumph. Anne Easter Smith's impeccable research provides the backbone of an engrossing and vibrant debut from a major new historical novelist.Define Books In Pursuance Of A Rose for the Crown
| Original Title: | A Rose for the Crown |
| ISBN: | 0743276876 (ISBN13: 9780743276870) |
| Edition Language: | English URL http://www.anneeastersmith.com/wst_page6.html |
| Characters: | Richard III of England |
| Setting: | Kent, England,1459 |
Rating Regarding Books A Rose for the Crown
Ratings: 4.02 From 4856 Users | 270 ReviewsCrit Regarding Books A Rose for the Crown
I liked this book because I loved the romance that Richard III had with Kate...the history isn't what you would read this one for..and I am not one to HAVE to have the facts laid out before me I know enough to go and look to NON fiction when I have questions. As I see it there are only so many ways a writer can present the facts and I love to see the facts branch off to other areas and have the authors imagination tell me a tale that who know could have happened..why not! There are plenty ofThis book. THIS BOOK. THIS FREAKING BOOK!Anne Easter Smith, please accept my undying devotion to your authorhood. I commit to read and love all the books that you have placed in this world and shall forever be committed to praising your holy writing with reviews. I hearby swear my love for your words. Amen. OMG. I cannot get over how amazing this book is. After the awful YA I've been reading lately, this beauty was an amazing breath of fresh air. It is so magically majestic in every way. From
I wanted to like this book. I really did. I've always loved Richard the third and felt he got a raw deal from history. But here's the thing... The book meanders. Not just for pages, but for hundreds of them. You know, I'm starting to realize that this is a real theme with a decent amount of the historical fiction out there. They're not well plotted at all. The authors just follow the course of history, throw in a few love scenes, and call it a day. That's cool, and all, but the books end up

I'm trying to read at least one Historical Fiction novel about each of England's Kings and Queens. This one was about Richard III. I think the author probably portrayed him in a better light than actual history does. I liked the characters in this book...but you know from the beginning that there is not going to be a happy ending. The author keeps you reading...and wondering what will happen. This novel covers about 30 years in the life of the main character Kate...seeing her through two
I gave this two stars instead of one because I did enjoy the first two parts. It lost me in the third. When the heroine gave herself to Richard and agreed that it was ok to break her married vows, but when he marries into a woman of "his station" it would not be ok for him. I say, No Deal. I decided to give the woman the benefit of the doubt, as she had been a strong, rather independent for the times, and outspoken gall up until this point. However, she proceeds to give Richard three sons, the
This story comes from my favorite era of history but from a refreshingly different point of view. Its so sweet and heartbreaking, the journey Katherine takes from a small girl with a simple country life, to the mistress and secret lover of the King.
Had high expectations, but prose clumsy, plot forced, and characters stiff and unconvincing. Dutiful - not dynamic - history. Despite good intentions, not enough heart. Almost hagiographic. Beautiful cover, but for a much more compelling version of the Richard III/War of the Roses stories, look to Penman's The Sunne in Splendour.
.png)


0 Comments:
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.